Benefits to Aspiring Entrepreneurs
Streamline your success by understanding how your idea will connect with society. I-Corps provides you with the tools and foundation you need to examine feasibility of your product and prepare it for launch into the marketplace.
I-Corps helps promote and provide:
of how your technology has value to society.
which can be applied in both startup and corporate ventures
for your technology
to commercialize your technology
of how to transform an idea into a profitable enterprise
and mentors who once walked in your shoes
Why Get Involved?
- Get out into the world!
- Develop a greater understanding of technology and how it can benefit society.
- Discover new markets for technology previously unexplored.
- Gain an appreciation for what it takes to commercialize technology and the barriers to adoption.
- Boost self-confidence and presentation skills.
- Save years and money by accelerating understanding through experiences.
- Expand your network exponentially, through priceless contact with teachers, investors, customers, and mentors.
- Discover new markets previously unexplored for technology and a comprehensive understanding of its value to society.
- Experience what it takes to commercialize technology and the barriers to adoption.
- Apply the tools learned here to many situations, including making your research better.
- Save years and money by accelerating understanding through experience.
- Increase consulting opportunities.
- Access exciting networks of potential customers, licensors, and/or experienced entrepreneurs.
- Enable your research assistants to gain valuable skill sets and ready them for future successful technology transfer pursuits.
- Learn more about further applications or new areas of research to pursue.
- Make connections with the nation Science Foundation.
- Help contribute to an innovation ecosystem that will change the future of the state of Florida and the Southeast.
- Increase networking opportunities with other I-Corps teams and the I-Corps mentor network.